Hey, what's up, everyone? We are a band called Imperfectly Human, fronted by our favorite musician/singer-songwriter (who happens to be a Deaf non-binary trans woman). We're also a multi-genre crossover band and we're pretty diverse in the musical styles we play in, and just wanted to pop in for a moment to say hi, let you know how we're doing, and to share a few brief updates with you all real quick before we head back to work in the studio facilities we're working in on brand new music coming out soon during a pandemic. Yeah, we're socially distanced and working either in studio facilities or in our own custom-made home studio locations - that's being smart, safe and healthy to avoid getting infected with COVID-19.
Anyway, so first things first:
- We're releasing a batch of standalone singles that we're working on, our way of providing you a taste of what to expect when we go back to the studio in 2021 again to work on a brand new EP release. This batch of standalone singles contains 6 songs in total, and though technically it is part of our upcoming EP release (yet to be titled), it is still separated and stands on its own individuality of each song, and the messages we're conveying in light of all that's been happening around us worldwide and here at home in America. Consider those standalone singles as teasers of what's coming soon, and we hope you'll enjoy what we've been working on thus far.
- Secondly, we also wish to announce that we're still adding more to our official website, social media platforms, etc., and will continue to build towards the website's completion and making our social media platforms really POP, ya know. And we're also excited to have officially launched our first audio stream visualizer video, created and provided by the crew at DistroKid for the first standalone single known as Intro and we hope you will enjoy this as we work towards finishing each single one at a time, and releasing them gradually as time goes on. With that in mind, thanks for your support and we'll be back soon with more updates regarding each single. Now... moving on...
- Each single will be accompanied with a official music video, an official lyric video and an official audio stream visualizer video, and we're going to start off with audio stream visualizer videos as currently, we're still in the midst of a pandemic and still socially distanced, so it might be awhile before we can try to make official music videos at certain locations we had our eyes on for a while, but at least one of the standalone singles we're working on will only require us to be completely socially distanced in our homes, so that we can share a message of unity to those still struggling in the pandemic with one of said standalone singles coming out soon.
- Our merchandise store is still in progress, and it could be some time before we can start selling physical merchandise, so we're going to work on making digital content/products that is easily available for download upon purchasing from our merch store, so stay tuned for more details coming your way soon.
- And finally, we're in the midst of hiring a brand new social media and music/band management team who will be handling a lot of our social media updates, tweets, posts, and only be approved by us first before they tweet or post anything on our behalf, and we're going to be working on getting the management team we need to help with our merchandise store, the business end of things in the music industry, booking gigs/tour dates, promotions and more.
And now, here's the tracklist of standalone singles we're working on:
- Dear White People - SHUT THE FUCK UP!
- Imperfectly Human
- Shades of Grey
- Socialist Jesus
- Suffocating in Cyberspace
We're really excited to be working on those standalone singles, and once completed, we'll release them one single at a time, and then follow it up with the official music videos, audio stream visualizer videos and official lyric videos. In the meantime, that's all the updates we have for now.
Thanks again for all of your support, and we'll see you soon. Oh, and before we forget - we wanted to wish happy birthday to our lead frontwoman! She turns 32 years old today, and we love her and are very grateful to have her as a part of this wonderful band that we've formed together.
The Band Members of Imperfectly Human.